- Washington Organics Management Law – What Our Customers Need to Know February 20, 2024
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable and Compostable? February 12, 2024
- Employee Spotlight: Kevin Humphreys January 29, 2024
- Packaging 101: What is Bleed, Trim, and the Safety Zone? January 22, 2024
- The Launch of the 2024 WCP Solutions Product Catalog January 5, 2024
The Benefits of Custom Packaging
What is Custom Packaging?
To have custom packaging is to find a unique packaging solution that fits your specific needs. Whether you are interested in custom printing, ensuring the safety of the product in transit, or providing a memorable unboxing experience, we are here to help you through the process. Our goal is to ensure that you are using the right product so that your package arrives safely and that your branding stands out. The three areas of custom packaging boil down to protecting, shipping, and presenting your product in the best way possible.
Why Choose Custom Packaging?
The first interaction a customer will have with your product is through its packaging, so it is important to think of the package as more than just a cost to your business, but instead, as an opportunity to share and connect with your customer. 72% of American consumers say their purchasing decision is influenced by the packaging design.
Ways to Customize Your Packaging
- Custom Printing – Printing is where your brand can really stand out from your competition. Custom printing allows you to print your logo, tagline, slogan, key messages, brand colors, or even a witty joke on the packaging. We work with suppliers to get your art on the package, and we even have partners that can do small-run, on-demand digital printing for boxes and mailers.
- Labels and Tape – If printing on your package is not an option, have you considered custom labels or tape? You can choose from a wide variety of tapes and labels to fit your package. It does not have to be just about branding. You can use custom labels and tape to identify if your package has been tampered with or just make sure your product is contained properly.
- Right-Sizing Your Box – Finding the right-sized box or shipper reduces waste and saves on shipping costs. Having the proper packaging also helps to improve the customer’s unboxing experience. We have all opened shipments where a giant box is used to ship a tiny item – it doesn’t make sense. If you want to learn more about dimensional weight and how it affects shipping costs, make sure to check out our video How to Measure a Box.
- Structural design – We have our very own internal Structural Design Center to provide customers with creative Perfect Fit packaging prototypes so they can test out their designs. Not only do we have our own in-house capabilities, but we also work with a wide variety of supplier partners for additional prototyping and testing.
Finding the right product for each of these options will help you build packaging that’s suited to your brand and help your packaging stand out.
Top 3 Reasons Why You Should Consider Custom Packaging:
- Brand Recognition – When you control the look and feel of your package, you can create solutions that are directly in line with your brand identity.
- Financial Savings – Using the right type of packaging, whether it is a box, mailer, or another solution, can really help to protect your products while in transit, which saves a ton of money on lost or damaged inventory. Not to mention the money you can save on shipping by reducing packaging size and weight.
- Environmental Goals – Does your company have set goals for its environmental impact? Whether or not they are officially written out, choosing sustainable packaging that is customized to your product can reduce waste in materials, help with transportation costs, and be a more environmentally friendly substrate. Additionally, the consumer demand for brands to use more sustainable packaging continues to grow. 88% of consumers say that they will be more loyal to a company that supports social or environmental issues. It’s very important to consider this when designing your custom packaging.
Guidance From Start to Finish
When working with our team to create custom packaging, you will get tailored guidance from start to finish. We will consult with you and your team to really get to know your brand, your packaging needs, and your desired solutions. From there, we will reach out to our deep pool of suppliers and find options that can best meet your needs. When we enter the proofing and prototyping stage, we will be there through each step to make it as seamless as possible. Once approved, we will take care of the rest. After it is delivered, your account manager will follow up and make sure your custom packaging meets all your expectations and you have everything that you need.
Finding solutions is what we do! Every custom packaging solution is uniquely tailored to each of our customers. If you’re ready to get started, contact WCP Solutions today and allow us to help you take your concept to creation.
Contact your local WCP team or give us a call today at (877) 398-3030.