- Washington Organics Management Law – What Our Customers Need to Know February 20, 2024
- What is the Difference Between Biodegradable and Compostable? February 12, 2024
- Employee Spotlight: Kevin Humphreys January 29, 2024
- Packaging 101: What is Bleed, Trim, and the Safety Zone? January 22, 2024
- The Launch of the 2024 WCP Solutions Product Catalog January 5, 2024
Packaging for E-Commerce Businesses
Packaging supplies to get your products directly to consumers
Consumers are continuing to favor and pursue products and services that can ship directly to their doorstep. According to a report by Statista, the retail e-commerce business has grown significantly since 2019. In fact, it is estimated that by the end of 2021, United States e-commerce revenue will have grown nearly 46% since before the pandemic. Based on the current growth estimates, US e-commerce revenue will surpass half a trillion dollars in 2022 and is projected to grow at a rate of nearly 8% a year for the foreseeable future.
Proper packaging is an essential component for both new and established businesses expanding into the retail e-commerce space. At WCP, we have packaging experts that can help you with a wide variety of solutions related to containment, protection, and load stabilization, all critical elements in your packaging decisions.
Download our newly released E-Commerce Packaging Guide for a featured selection of packaging solutions to help businesses ship their products directly to consumers.
4 Things to consider when choosing packaging solutions
- Protection: packaging should provide protection for your products to make sure they reach their destination safely.
- Containment: Choosing the right containment materials is an important part of shipping products. Right-sizing refers to reducing the packaging footprint by using a box or mailer that minimizes empty space while still protecting the contents effectively which helps reduce costs.
- Promotion: The design and materials used for your packaging tell a story about your brand and can be used to market and differentiate your products from competitors. Our packaging specialists at WCP can help find a variety of ways to make your packaging stand out from the crowd.
- Safety: Packaging should help keep consumers safe. Not only should the packaging keep the contents safe but it should provide any essential information needed to protect the consumer. This can include elements such as ingredient disclosures, expiration dates, and proper usage.
See other featured WCP guides and catalogs
WCP Can Help
If you’re looking for packaging or other supplies for your business, contact your local WCP account manager or customer service team to chat about the product options we offer. We’d be happy to set up a consultation to discuss products that meet the goals of your business. Give us a call today at (877) 398-3030.
*Source: Statista, Retail e-commerce revenue in the United States from 2017 to 2025